Guard Against Over-Buying
Our 5 prompts will help you steer clear of over-spending
Ask yourself the following 5 questions to improve your immunity to over-buying and over-spending.
1. This was NOT an impulse purchase; Your purchase item has been on your list or you’ve researched how to obtain it…NOT because you have another one “just like this at home” that you can’t find.
2. You can afford to pay for this with cash; Credit is a wonderfully convenient method of payment IF you have the money in the bank and you always pay your bills on time.
3. This purchase fulfills a real want OR need in your life; Too often our purchases are motivated by someone else’s vision of who we should be…or an old vision of who we are. Don’t succumb to peer-pressure.
4. Your newest acquisition will get used in the next week; Guard against stock-piling and bulky extras. If you’ve found an INCREDIBLE sale or opportunity…first: RESIST! Then truly decide if you need it and will use it in the next 6 months.
5. You know where this — skirt, 6 pack of Vitamin water, or juicer — will live; Buying something to sit on the floor — tag still on — until you make room in your closet, pantry, or on your counter-top is the fastest way to invite piles and unwanted clutter clogging your home.
Maintaining progress and then some…
Beyond transferring skills, we build our clients’ sense of self. This new CONFIDENCE is the fuel they need to tackle cluttered areas on their own. We arm our clients with organizing tools and strategies that help them decide the best step toward solving their clutter issues.
• Do I love it?
• Do I use it?
• Does it lift my energy?
So many of us surround ourselves with things that: we don’t love, don’t lift our energy, and we no longer use. If you are willing to cut clutter from your life this July, you must be able to answer “yes” to 2 out of the 3 questions for an object to earn its place in your home.