Decluttering can (and should) happen year round. With Passover less than three weeks from now, it is time to make space for the holiday. Kelly already started to CLEAR space, CLEAR cabinets, and get CLEAR on what we need (to use up before Passover — and purchase for the holiday).
Kelly’s baking cabinet full (and disorganized) in need of a Spring Cleaning.
Check expiration dates.
• toss spoiled food or open items that won’t get used.
List what kosher-for-Passover items you already have.
• create your shopping list
Eliminate items that are not chametz (leavened) from the cabinets.
• move it to an overflow pantry area
• donate to a food pantry if it doesn’t match your family’s taste
With less IN the cabinet, it is easier to see what to use up AND there’s now room to store items you don’t need OUT for Passover.
Assess what chametz items remain to consume.
• find creative ways to use up your pantry ingredients
• bring the least amount of new food in
Repeat this process for each area where food is stored.